Sunday, March 11, 2007

I just went through my records

I just went through them and pulled some gems to illustrate what digging through the crates can do for you.

I will definately need to begin day 1 with hip hop history. Jazz and hip hop only american developed art forms, representing a culture.

Begin with video of The Message (I have it on tape): talk about what it's about. watch you tube video about making of it, Grandmaster flash got credit even though he didn't record it. talk about copywrite, etc.

Talk about breakbeats, watch a clip of Grandmaster Flash cutting together 2 copies of the same record, play some of Style Wars video (perhaps buy it on DVD for myself. (the clip with "the message" playing) then begin looking for breakbeats.

more ideas later

1 Comments:

Blogger andrew gardner said...

Hi there. I read about your dreamix project and I think it's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing it.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home