Sunday, March 11, 2007

prepping IPW

So a few weeks ago I spent 2 days helping 4th graders remix MLK's I have a dream speech. I liked the project, so now I'm offering an improved and extended version for Integrated Projects Week. I would like there to be visual imagery as well, so we will use garageband to make podcasts.

This morning I sat down and began planning, I began collecting content to share with the students. I found a bunch of audio recordings of Dr. King and some great video footage of Malcolm X, but I'm struggling with how to download and manipulate them. I don't want to encourage copyright infringement, but I do think it's valuable to engage with media
and manipulate it. We're in the age of remixing, but how much can I encourage taking content without permission?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home